Monday, June 30, 2014

Maine Bicycle Coalition Women's Ride, 62 hilly miles!


I've wanted to do the Maine Bicycle Coaltion's Women's Ride ever since I first found out about it; not only is it for a good cause, but I always enjoy the comraderie of women of all ages.  I've never wanted to register for it beforehand as I no longer will bike in rain and/or crappy weather!  So, although I really hadn't trained for this ride (I'd ridden 9 miles the previous Sunday), I woke up to bright sunny blue skies and ideal temps in the 60's and low 70's...so off I went to Freeport to register! We rode from Freeport to Pownal and then up New Gloucester (Pineland), before heading back.




I ended up riding most of the time with these women from northern Maine; they were good company.

Our first rest stop was I believe at 11 or 12 miles!






ugh, lots of hills! 

but very pretty, quiet roads with amazing views of the countryside















All done!  


1 comment:

  1. Really enjoyed meeting you Sandy! Thanks so much for riding with me.
    Heading down to Portland for the Lighthouse ride on September 7th. Maybe I will see you there?

    ReplyDelete