Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Cliff Walk, York Harbor, Maine

Cliff Walk, sweet!

This past Sunday, my hubby and I went down to Bentliffe's in Ogunquit (oh, so yummy!, make sure you go sometime, you might have to wait, but it's worth it!) for brunch.  I had the lobster benedict and a Bloody Mary, how good is that?  and afterwards, we decided (well, I did, he'd been happy to drive back home!) to go and walk along Cliff Walk in York (as opposed to Marginal Way which is in Ogunquit, but always crowded)....We were not disappointed, turned out we were the only ones on it!

Apparently Cliff Walk is only open due to the generosity of those who own oceanfront properties and grant access.  (That could change anytime!, so make sure to not trespass and/or litter, mind your manners!)

There's plenty of parking along the main road as I believe you need to have a permit at the beach which lends itself easily to the walk.  I think the walk is only about a half a mile or so, and the following pictures speak for themselves.  Enjoy!








This was a private club?  For some reason, I think it could be the Reading Room, but not sure.



























No comments:

Post a Comment