Sunday, July 28, 2013

Spectacular! Two 4,000 footers...Mount Liberty & Mount Flume.

Yesterday I went on a long hike (10 1/2 miles) in the White Mountains.  One of my friends is determined to complete all of the 4,000 + footers, and so, we decided to knock off two of these:  Liberty Mountain and Flume Mountain.  It was one of those sunny, clear blue (well, almost) summer days, warm, but not muggy.  Most of the hiking was in the shade so that helped as well.   After a 3 1/2 mile hike on the Liberty Spring Trail, we were rewarded with the most spectacular 360 degree views!  

Liberty Mountain is 4,459 feet!....


















The actual peak is behind me!


From there, it was a 1 1/2 mile hike over to Flume Mountain which is 4,328 feet.  Unfortunately, my iphone camera was malfunctioning and I have to pics from there....all in all it was close to 11 miles, and we were happy to return to the parking lot and imbibe before heading back home!


No comments:

Post a Comment