Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Loving Maine on a wintry, snowy day!

I've lived all of my life in Maine and especially enjoy winters in which we get a lot of snow, there's just so much more that you can do!  And luckily for us, we got quite a bit of snow  this past week....it was especially sweet as I had the week off from work, and so I didn't have to deal with all that entails; instead, I strapped on my nordic skis in the middle of the afternoon, and went down over to my daughter's house which is just a couple of blocks away.  Public roads are especially good to ski on, that is before they've been plowed and sanded.  From there, we went over to the Etrail, which is rather close to her home.  By then, the wind had picked up, and the termperature was starting to go down...Brr!!!!  But I discovered I'm quite fond of being out in "extreme" weather, that is, as long as I've got the right clothes on, and so, we stayed out until the sun went down.





Sun's starting to peek up.....





Quite spectacular, isn't it?




thinks he's golfing!









Another good place to go is the local golf course.  It is especially nice as very few people go, and it offers some nice little rolling hills, some skiing through the woods, as well as by a meandering brook.  I got there just in time to strap on my skis and venture as far as I could where I got to experience the most beautiful sunrise....what a treat on this first day of the new year!....See for yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment